Caring Ministry Team
Purpose: To develop and implement programs and activities which will foster growth in compassion and commitment in the congregation’s members, and to empower these members to be Christ’s caring heart and hands within the congregation as well as in the community beyond.
The duties of the Caring Ministry Team include:
- We serve breakfast to approximately 80 men at the Guest House homeless shelter each quarter
- We do a “40 in 40” charitable collection of items every Lenten season.
- We send birthday greeting cards to senior members of the congregation.
- We send get well and sympathy cards to members of the congregation.
- We visit homebound members during the summer and deliver give packages to them
- We hold a Christmas gift drive for Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin
- We deliver poinsettias at Christmas to homebound members of the congregation.