Our History

It was August 28th, 1928 when 49 Scandinavian Lutherans met and organized Trinity Lutheran Church. For the first 15 years of its existence, the congregation worshiped Sunday afternoons at St. Luke’s Church, then located at Eigth and Madison Avenues. Sunday school and organizational meetings were held at the homes of church members.

In 1944, the church purchased the Old Fellows Hall, which was located at Sixth and Milwaukee avenues, and renovated it for church purposes.

Finally, Trinity Lutheran Church moved to its present location at Fifth and Marshall avenues in 1960 when it dedicated new quarters. In 1968 a new educational building was added.

Until 1954, the church was served by visiting pastors from Racine and Bay View. The First resident pastor, Rev. John R. Refsell, wouldn’t assume the role until 1954. Rev. Richard J. S. Vordale succeeded the Rev. Refsell in 1959.

The current Senior Pastor, Rev. Bill Mains, has been serving Trinity since April of 1997.

Church Family Album (30MB PDF)